Thursday, July 10, 2008

Timothy John Russert (May 7, 1950 – June 13, 2008)



It has been almost a month since this living legend has passed and I am no less somber about it than I was. I remember the Sundays in which I had my coffee, the tv turned to Meet the Press, and myself poised at the computer awaiting the one comment that would set my fingers blazing on the keyboard with an email addressed to the offender. I spent the last 6 months working on Sundays and missing the brilliance that was Tim Russert. I am grateful that G recorded the Tribute to Tim version of Meet the Press on Father's Day. How ironic and appropriate with his book about his own father, his relationship with Luke, and he as the Father of good political journalism. There is not enough I can say about Tim Russert except that the loss is immeasurable and Meet the Press will never be the same. The caliber of integrity, dedication, and genuine charm this man brought to the masses on Sunday mornings can never be replaced. And to you Tim Russert I say, If it is Sunday, it is Meet the Press and no matter what team is playing from Buffalo or Boston College - Go team Go!

No comments: